Study Visit to The Gambia – Sunday 26th November to Sunday 3rd December 2017
The study visit is run and organised by Pam Copeland and Dr Des Bowden the directors of B&C Educational Ltd.. Pam taught in primary schools before becoming a senior university lecturer in citizenship and Des is a former head of a university geography department and has worked in West Africa. B&C have introduced heads, teachers, governors and others to The Gambia for many years. They have built a good good network of Gambian educational contacts in nursery schools, lower basic schools and The Gambia College.
The course will :-
• provide detailed briefing (health and safety, medical, currency, clothing etc) and follow up
• offer ongoing support from the course leaders following the visit
• provide an introduction to the culture, life and environment of The Gambia, West Africa
• investigate the Gambian educational system by visiting schools and/or participate in sessions
and talks with Gambian colleagues (teacher groups, teacher trainees)
• initiate educational links and establish relationships with a range of Gambian schools and
continue those that have already been established
• encourage linking between like-minded but diverse schools across UK authorities and The
The costs will cover :-
• all travel and seven nights’ accommodation based on twin de luxe rooms in the four star
Ocean Bay Hotel, Cape Point on a bed and breakfast basis.
• return flights from UK, 15 kgs baggage, transfers to and from hotel in The Gambia.
• services of local guides
• use of local transport
• a full daily itinerary, with support and guidance
The SDGs build on the work of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) that were emphasised from 2000 to 2015. The new SDGs are unique in that they’re broader in their scope of eradicating all forms of poverty by calling for action by all countries, rich and poor, to promote prosperity while protecting the planet.
During your stay in The Gambia you will see how these goals impact on the lives of people in
the developing world.
The whole study visit will cost £895 (to include the briefing and follow-up meetings). To confirm your participation or find out more information download our Gambia 2017 Study Visit leaflet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Des or Pam on 079663 79621